Well, my little excuse has backfired recently. Miles discovered his hands do indeed exist, and he's now obsessed with watching them, gumming them, and rubbing them together. I have hundreds of dollars of baby toys and gadgets in my house, and all this kid wants is his hands. He must be his father's son...this frugal boy can appreciate that the best things in life are free I guess.
I caught him in a special moment with his new friends The Hands. I thought he kind of looked like some sort of villain from a super hero movie, plotting to take over the world. I could hear the echoes of Mr. Burns from The Simpsons..."Egggggg-cellent."

In other events this week, Miles stayed in his first hotel room. Unfortunately, we had to go to Marion for Mrs. Krouskop's funeral on Friday. Since Miles hates his car seat, we opted to leave around his bed time in the hopes that he'd sleep all the way there...and it worked! The problem happened when we got to the room and he wouldn't sleep in the middle of the night. This could have been because Miles has gotten used to sleeping in his crib and was wasn't too thrilled about the downgrade to his Pack N Play. Or, it could have been that he already has discerning tastes in travel accommodations, and the Holiday Inn in Springfield just didn't live up to his standards. I'm thinking it's the latter.
Jason and I had our first date night out in two months last night - went to the Colts' first game at the new Lucas Oil stadium. I think Miles was a little mad that he didn't get to go with us. He was grumpy for Nana a lot of the night, but she said that he stopped crying as soon as she turned the game on TV. A good little Colts fan already! Here he is, wishing his mean parents would take him to the game with him.



2 comments:
Too, too cute! I have to admit that I had a hardy laugh when I read your comment about him being his dad's son and that the best things in life are free. :) I guess if he was going to inherit a trait of Jason's, that would at least be an economical one to inherit! Too funny!
He's getting SOOOO big too! I'm getting super anxious to see what Sadie looks like and hopefully I'll get the chance VERY soon! Keep checking the blog! :)
YAY for date night!!
I swear he is getting cuter by the day! I hate Holiday Inn's too Mr. Miles....I don't blame you for being cranky.
I get to see you guys in 1 week!!
Love,
Aunt KK
Post a Comment