
Miles cheered his daddy on at his marching band contest on Saturday by dressing up. Don't call him a bee - he's a mighty yellow jacket. Jason's school's mascot is the yellow jackets, so I just couldn't resist when I saw this Halloween costume at Target. He must have brought the Pride of Morristown good luck, because they did so well that they are moving on to Semi-State next weekend! That basically means that, in the small school division, Jason's band is among the Top 20 bands in the state of Indiana. We are so proud of him!!
Miles also got to have a quick visit with Uncle David, Grandpa Bernie, and the three aunties: Hilary, Ashley, and Kari. Here he is with 'Pa.

And showing Uncle David and Aunt Hilary how well he can "stand" and "dance":

On Sunday, Miles got to spend time with his other grandparents, Ron and Misty. Not sure whether he was tired out by playing with Grammy, smiling at Grandpa Ronald's silly faces, or just because the Colts lost...again. It's sad when the Browns have the same record as the Colts.

We lazy parents finally got off our butts Sunday morning and went to the grocery store to buy rice cereal. The doc told us we could start it about 2 weeks ago, but we've been putting it off. Sure, part of it was that we didn't have time to get to the store, but I think I was secretly liking the convenience of not spoon feeding him yet...plus it's just one more step in my baby growing up!
Miles wasn't too excited at first, but he got the hang of it. As of last night, he devoured the whole batch I made up for him! Little piglet. Again, we caught it on video on our camcorder and still haven't taken the time to figure out how to upload. Give us a break - if it took us 2 weeks to find time to go to the grocery store, this could take years! Here's a pic of him later that day, chowing down for solid meal #2.



4 comments:
Why is it that dressing our babies in animal costumes makes them soooo cute?
Congrats on starting Miles on solids! I know that it's not as convenient as breastmilk or formula, but it's fun to see them grabbing the spoon and interacting!
Love you little buzz buzz!!
Miss you!
Nana
I was so happy to hang out with the mighty baby yellow jacket this weekend. Buzz Buzz little baby! 3 visits in 2 weeks...this baby may be getting tired of me. I will smooch his cheeks until he turns 35!!
Love you!!
Aunt KK
Post a Comment