Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Camera Shy

Marshall is four months old today! I've been trying my hardest to capture the world's most adorable picture to show you just how cute he is. Unfortunately, Marshall is camera shy. This kid smiles about 90% of his waking hours, but when I try to take a picture of him, I usually get a look like this:



We also get full-on giggles and "chatting" much of the time...but have we been able to capture them? Nooooooooo. Here's some cuteness that'll have to suffice - but just know that it's only a sliver of what camera-shy-boy usually does:



In other Marshall news, Daddy and Miles saw Marshall roll over last week. I've yet to see it, but I've seen a lot of close calls. He is getting very good at tummy time, especially when we put him in front of his zoo. He also has been spending a little time in his high chair, although we won't start solids until after his doctor's appointment next week. He still slides over most of the time, but he really loves hanging out with the family at dinner time.



Marshall has taken a new-found interest in his feet, but he's also really starting to enjoy actually playing with toys. Here's a new favorite...I think Miles enjoys it as much as Marshall does:



Miles has some new accomplishments too, mostly when it comes to vocabulary. He is really into rhyming now. We even get really creative ones:

Daddy: "We should go to the library after dinner."

Mommy: "That's a great idea!"

Miles: "Hey! 'That's a great idea' and 'quesadilla' rhyme!" (Note: We were having brinner, not quesadillas for dinner, so he came up with that one on his own.)

Most notably, his new vocabulary words include variations upon "stinky", "yucky", or "poop". I try to explain that we should only talk about poop in the bathroom, which backfired on me last night. After a random barrage of inappropriate words which brushing his teeth, I shot Miles the death glare. He fired back, "But Mommy, we're in the bathroom!" Touche, young man. So I got to hear a 3 minute chorus of "stinky poopy, stinky poopy." Yay. Boys.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Haha --- too funny about Miles. Love the cute photos! I love the hairless little dude --- super cute.

Suellen said...

It's not just boys. Parker is also obsessed with "potty" words. Oh. The. Joy.